Full dentures are the most common restoration employed for patients overlooking all their natural teeth. The only other option to your full removable denture is that a dental implant-supported prosthesis. Although removable dentures are often the most affordable option for tooth replacement, they can be uncomfortable and inconvenient. Read about ten reasons to choose dental implants; there are many more. You might ask, “Can there be an alternative that is comparable to dentures, but better?”
Dental implants are an alternative to think about!
A dental implant is a small man-made titanium fixture that serves as a replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Titanium is used because it is most compatible with all our bodies. The dental implant is put in the bone of the upper or lower jaw and also serves as an anchor for the replacement tooth. Find out more about the different types of dental implants here.
1) Improved Appearance: Dental implant-supported prostheses are more natural than removable dentures in appearance and more appealing. They look and feel like natural teeth. Since implants fuse to bone, the prosthesis is permanent and non-removable.
2) Improved Confidence: Removable dentures become loose and can rock and cause embarrassment for the wearer. Together with all the dental implant prostheses, someone can feel assured that teeth will not move. All regular activities can be done without fear of embarrassment.
3) Comfort and Comfort: Removable dentures can cause sore spots in the mouth under the denture. With a dental implant-supported prosthesis there are no sore spots. Removable dentures may be inconvenient because they need removal at nighttime and for cleaning. They require messy adhesives. Patients with dental implants do not experience these awkward situations.
4) Durability: Implants possess a higher rate of success and durability. They last many decades. With good care, implants can last a lifetime.
5) Improved Eating: Removable dentures can slide through ingestion and also make eating a complex and miserable activity. The capacity to chew foods enhances radically with dental implants. While removable dentures are only 20% to 25 percent as efficient as a person’s natural teeth, implant-supported prostheses are 80 percent as effective. A prosthesis supported by dental implants functions like natural teeth making ingesting a fun and easy experience.
6) Improved Flavor: A full upper removable denture covers the roof of the mouth. Food is more challenging to taste and enjoy. Having an implant-supported prosthesis, the roof of the mouth isn’t covered and food can be tasted fully.
7) Increased Nutrition and Health: Many foods cannot be eaten with removable dentures. With an implant-supported prosthesis, people can eat a varied, healthful diet that contains all essential food groups for improved nutrition. Chewy and crunchy foods like lettuce, carrots, and apples could be added to the diet.
8) Improved Speech: Removable dentures can make talking sound garbled. The teeth can slide within the mouth resulting in mumbling or slurring of words. With dental implants, regular speech is usually not an issue and patients can feel confident that the teeth won’t slip during the dialogue.
9) Reduced Chance of Loss: Removable dentures are readily lost. Dental implant-supported prostheses cannot be removed and lost.
10) Bone Development: One of the most devastating problems for patients wearing removable dentures would be that the reduction of bone that occurs over time. Gradually removable dentures become more difficult to wear because of this bone loss. The ridge slowly wears away providing less and less ridge to encourage the denture. Dental implants act just like natural teeth and assist in bone stimulation and development.
With a high rate of long-term achievement, greater comfort, and improved quality of life, dental implants are the best choice for many people of all ages. There are variety of solutions for dental implants find out more here at Pi Dental Center, you can also learn more about the teeth in a day treatment.